Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Party like the French Do: St. Germain 6eme



After the Grizzly Bear/St. Vincent show at La Cigale, I got my second wind and we rode over to a party in le Marais for Julien's friends' PR company, Just a Kiss, 9 rue Charles-Francois Dupuis. It was really crowed full of gorgeous young French people. I don't speak much French, but for some reason on this trip I did not let on, and tried my damndest to understand first before asking for an English translation. In France, this works particularly well because people use a lot of body language. So this girl says something to me and I nod politely. I thought she said she something about my look. I was wrong. Thank you to Julien's sweet friend, Guillame, who happened to see the exchange, for telling me that she said I was pretty. How embarrassing that she probably thought I was a conceited little twat! The party was so good, though. There was a band playing (I wish I knew who they were), then karaoke and a dj. We left after it got way too crowded to move and so we went out to a club in St. Germain, the literary and artistic district on the Left Bank, packed with great cafés and night clubs.





After reopening during the Spring fashion week of 2009, le Montana, 28 Rue Saint-Benoît, is once again the place to be in Paris. A collaboration between Le Baron's André and Purple Magazine's Olivier Zahm - le Montana is a hot spot for designers, models and celebs. Basically Paris’s 21st century answer to Studio 54. Follow Zahm's photo blog for a glimpse of the half-naked action that you're missing. http://www.purple-diary.com/search/le+montana





Of course, I noticed none of this when I was there. I just drank my champagne like a good fille and the only thing I took off was my high heels. I had the best time with Julien and his friends Guillame and Arthur. It was easy like old friends. At some point we left and rode the motorcycle in the rain back to Julien's apartment in the 10th arrondissement. The light rain kissing my cheeks and the swishing of the black streets was like a lullaby and I slept like a baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment