Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hello, World.


Some of my friends suggested that I start a travel blog to keep them current on my upcoming trip to Europe, so here is my attempt at blogging... This will be a place to share my love of music, art, fashion, film, design, crafting and cooking with anyone who cares to read about it. Think of it as online postcards to everyone all at once, or like the red balloons with notes attached you launched into the sky as a kid, hoping to get a new pen pal. (I'm definitely gonna try that again.)

There is also something to be said for writing and sending true postcards. It is a romantic and old fashioned notion to take ink to paper and send a message across oceans and valleys. I like sending and receiving postcards; it never ceases to amaze me how a little piece of paper actually makes it to its destination. I was astonished when my friends in Honduras received a postcard I sent them from L.A. over a month ago, since they live on a tiny island, don't have a real address and just recently experienced a government coup. So I am inspired to send more from my trip to NYC, Paris, Amsterdam, Turnhout, Brussels and Berlin. Get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment